Saturday, September 20, 2014

'SNAKE'BIT'!!

... was takin' the 'Stinkman' for a walk out at the 'Gun Club' earlier tonight - around 7:30pm - just gettin' dark...

... never, ever, saw any trash along the 'Gun Club Road' in all these years - so what's this - some 'jack-!!XX' tossed a plastic bag along the road just above the 'CatFish Pond'... I stop to pick it up - will toss it in the trashcan at the club - it's gettin' dark... 

... 'Holy XXX!!!! - all the sudden got a 'Copperhead Snake' latched in to my hand!!!!... he was layin' out of sight next to the bag!!!...

... luckily (I think) quick reflexes (total panic!!) saved my ass (so far) - yanked' my hand away quick as shit - now I'm shakin' off a !!!XX' snake!!! - and XX!!! the language everybody!!!!!... not lying - heart immediately went into hight gear and legs went totally limp - total panic I guess!!... sat in the Jeep for a few minutes... XXX!!... calmed down after about five minutes and regained a bit of composure... believe it or not.... even managed to snap a few photos... he definitely "smelled blood' after latchin' on to me.... look at that XXX!!!!!!... he must have struck at me five times while snappin' these photos....

... about twelve inches....

... he's a mean !!!XXX...

... back to the woods...

... "fresh bite" - let 'em go back to the woods, though... that's sweat on my hand - was pouring out of me - with the heart pounding a million miles an hour... I'm figuring it was just a "shock" reflex...

... this is after gettin' home and some cleaning and medication... fang marks about 3/8" apart at "beast"... I'm still upright with no ill effects (so far)....

... about 10:45pm - got some "funky white shit" seepin' out the forearm about twelve inches below the "bite"... ???...

09/21: Cleaned up the "vernacular" - was the "heat of the moment" as they say... here's the bite this morning...

... was lucky I guess - obviously injected no venom - no ill effects and only hurts slightly if I press on it... have no idea what the white stuff was... was always told that the 'Catfish Pond' was polluted with 'Copperheads' and have seen them crossing the road several times before at about the exact same spot - be careful if you're walking around down by the pond...

... know a local guy who was bitten on the hand after reaching into his swimming pool scupper to remove some leaves a few years back - snake was lying in the scupper - last time I spoke to him he said that he has some permanent nerve damage to his thumb to this day...

... this is the same hand from about two weeks ago after I pissed 'Stink' off and he sunk his fangs into me...

... that lower puncture is a full fang length - maybe 3/4 inch...

... he bites...

09/21: Around 8pm - had no ill effects all day long from that bite and looked up a lot of information on-line - only a little sore when I press on it - after viewing a lot of horrible on-line photos I figure I probably should have gone over to the emergency room and had it looked at - said that the majority of bites are "dry bites" (inject no venom) - figure that was one - measured the distance between the punctures - exactly 3/16" - couple guys said that was probably a small, young snake maybe just born recently (young are born late summer/early fall - newborn's up to 8" to 10" in length I read - but didn't have a yellow-tipped tail - can still inflict a painful bite, however) - have no idea and am not complaining... as I mentioned a few posts earlier, was backpacking once with a gal who I am pretty sure was bitten on the bottom of her foot with similar results - can only figure lots of luck both occurrences...

No comments:

Post a Comment